July 13, 2017
Amway Education Offers Courses for Business Owners
Ada, Michigan-based Amway, the world’s leading direct selling company, is offering an Amway Education “summer school” for entrepreneurs. The “school,” available today through Labor Day, will provide all visitors access to content normally limited to Amway Independent Business Owners (IBOs), including 10 videos that cover topics ranging from how to use social media in their business to how to understand retail margins.
“We are dedicated to helping entrepreneurs learn and acquire the skills they need to be in business for themselves,” said Suzie Fiore, Director of Training and Education at Amway North America. “These courses are a helpful way to hone practical business skills, and the quiz is a resource for entrepreneurs to better understand their unique learning styles and provide direction for leveraging their business ‘persona.’ ”
Amway Education has also released a complementary quiz, What’s Your Learning Personality?, providing a visual, interactive way for existing and aspiring entrepreneurs to better understand their unique learning personalities. The quiz is also designed to encourage business owners to reflect on what personal traits have made them a successful entrepreneur and, ultimately, what their learning “persona” is in order to continue their professional and personal development.
The five personas include:
- The Seeker: For those with an abundant amount of curiosity and a constant need for new information and business strategies—given in a quick, concise way.
- The Juggler: Entrepreneurs with little time to devote to any individual task, but who always complete a to-do list on time and in a professional fashion—organization is key!
- The Cornerstone: Industry veterans with business skills that span the spectrum, and a knack for understanding that the small stuff matters for continued success in an evolving world.
- The All-Star: For those who are hands-on and committed to seeing projects through, these are the kinds of entrepreneurs that believe sustained success is the only true success.
- The Coach: Natural leaders looking to not only start their own business, but who have multiple colleagues who can independently spearhead important projects on their behalf—they love to be the sounding board!
Based on which persona is revealed, users will be directed to two relevant courses on Amway Education’s website to continue their learning experience. Users can choose to view the two videos recommended for them, or explore the remaining courses. However, with nearly 100 short videos in total on the Amway Education platform, there are helpful options for entrepreneurs at any stage.
“Continued education is critical to developing entrepreneurial skills to both start a new business and grow an already thriving venture,” said Dr. David B. Audretsch, an advisor to Amway Education, and a professor and Director of the Institute for Development Strategies at the Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs. “The vast library of courses within Amway Education is relevant to those serious about starting a business, and the quiz is a good place to start for those who might just be curious to learn more.”
Amway Education is accessible in the United States, Canada and Dominican Republic, and is available in five languages: Spanish, Mandarin, French, Korean and English.
For more information on Amway Education and to view the courses offered via Summer School for Entrepreneurs, visit www.amway.com/amwayeducation. To take the quiz, visit www.whatsyourlearningtype.com.